Social distancing, quarantine, and self-isolation are all part of a global united effort to curb the spread of COVID-19. But life under lockdown does not have to mean a complete pause on self-care.
We are in this together and we want you to stay happy and healthy during this time. To help us through these unusual days, we asked the team at AvaniSpa to share some ideas on fun things to do at home.
From digital meditation to DIY beauty treatments, staying in is not the same as doing nothing. Follow these expert tips to find Zen from the comfort of your own home!
Muse Meditation Massage
Follow the path to inner bliss and be truly present through a blend of ancient healing practices and scientific innovation.
The Avani+ Samui Resort’s spa team use the Muse meditation headband which can be easily purchased online (www.choosemuse.com) so you can practice digital meditation at home.
The brainwave tracking headband gives real-time feedback on brain activity, body movement, breathing patterns and heart rate – with all the data sent to your smart device in real time.
Quite often lips are overlooked and only tended to when they become cracked and chapped. Give your pout some TLC with a homemade lip scrub to exfoliate and buff away dry skin. Follow up with a honey and olive oil moisturiser to keep your lips soft and smooth.
For the scrub, blend brown sugar, lime juice, and honey together with a spoon until the mixture is consistent. Add a drop of vanilla or mint flavour extract to the mix (optional).
Use a toothbrush to apply the scrub to the lips. Spread the mix over the lips with light movements. Wash off with warm water after 10 minutes.
Next step is to create a simple softening lip moisturiser with honey and olive oil. Add the two ingredients in a bowl and mix until completely blended. Apply the mix directly to the lips with your fingers and allow the lips to absorb the mixture.
Oil-Reducing Hair Mask
Rev up your hair care arsenal with this all-natural hair mask. Strawberry helps to strengthen, soften and add shine to the hair, while lemon restores the PH level and salt exfoliates the scalp.
- Strawberries (1/2 cup)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Salt (1 Tbsp)
- Place the strawberries in a blender until a smooth, consistent mixture is achieved.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl and mix with a spoon to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the salt and lemon juice to the strawberry mixture.
- Apply to the hair and leave in for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
DIY Bath Bomb
Reduce feelings of stress or anxiety with this muscle-loosening vanilla bath bomb. Sink into a heavenly fragranced tub and let your mind escape to a place of calm.
- Baking soda (8 oz)
- Citric acid (4 oz)
- Cornstarch (4 oz)
- Epsom salt (4 oz)
- Coconut oil (2 Tbsp)
- Water (3/4 Tbsp)
- Vanilla extract (2 Tbsp)
- Bar of purple soap to colour the bath bomb, shavings from the bar.
- Mix the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and Epsom salt with an eggbeater.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil, water, vanilla extract and purple soap shavings with an eggbeater.
- Combine the two mixtures slowly, while mixing with a spoon.
- Place the mix in cupcake molds.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Take a finished mold and add to your bath water for a soothing soak.
From all of us at Avani Hotels & Resorts, we wish you to stay safe and healthy. We hope the home pampering tips from AvaniSpa will keep your spirits up and put some pep in your self-care routine!
For media enquiries, please contact:
Director of Public Relations – Avani Hotels & Resorts
Director of Public Relations – MSpa International
Group Director PR & Communications – Minor Hotels