KOH SAMUI REOPENING TRAVEL INFORMATION
Koh Samui, Thailand is reopening for international travel from 15 July 2021, with onward travel to the neighbouring islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao allowed after 7 days. Travelling under the Samui Plus programme is permitted for:
- Fully vaccinated adults from low- and medium-risk countries
- Children travelling with vaccinated parents
Travellers will be permitted to travel to other parts of Thailand after 14 days if they test COVID-19-free throughout their stay.
Pre-Arrival & Arrival
To travel to Koh Samui, you will require:
- A negative RT-PCR test result no longer than 72 hours before departure
- Proof that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Proof that you spent previous 21 days in an approved country
- Confirmation of booking at Samui Extra Plus (minimum 7 nights) and SHA+ certified hotels for a total of 14 nights*
- A Certificate of Entry from your Thai Embassy or Consulate
- Approved alerting app installed on your smartphone
- COVID-19 health insurance with minimum coverage of USD 100,000
- RT-PCR test on arrival – for adults and children of 6 years or older
* Shorter stays are permitted if you are departing to an international destination.
For the first 7 nights of your stay in Koh Samui, you will be required to stay at an Samui Extra Plus-approved hotel, such as Avani+ Samui Resort. Thereafter, you can stay at any SHA+ certified hotel on Koh Samui, Koh Phangan or Koh Tao.
- Wait in your hotel room until you receive the RT-PCR test result.
Days 1 – 3
- If the result is negative you are free to enjoy all the leisure and activities facilities within your resort.
Days 4 – 7
- Guests can leave their hotel and enjoy local attractions along sealed routes.
- Adults and children aged 6 and above undergo a 2nd RT-PCR test on Day 7.
Days 8 – 14
- If the second test is negative you can travel freely and stay at any SHA+ certified hotel in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan or Koh Tao.
- Adults and children aged 6 and above undergo a 3rd RT-PCR test on Day 13.
DepartureAfter 14 days, and a 3rd negative test on Day 13, you will be permitted to travel to other destinations within Thailand. Regional COVID-19 restrictions may apply.
For international departures, you will be responsible for satisfying all the requirements for travelling to your next destination.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
No, any stay Avani+ Koh Samui Resort can only be for the 7 days stay.