KOH SAMUI SANDBOX TRAVEL INFORMATION
Koh Samui Thailand is open for quarantine-free international travel, with onward travel to neighbouring island Koh Phangan allowed after 1 day. Travel under the Samui Sandbox programme is permitted for:
- Fully vaccinated adults from low- and medium-risk countries
- Children travelling with vaccinated parents
Travellers will be permitted to travel to other areas of Thailand after 7 days if they test negative for COVID-19 throughout their stay.
If you are travelling from any of the following countries you are not required to enter under the Sandbox programme and can travel freely anywhere in Thailand from the day of your arrival:
Approved low-risk countries: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong.
Find out more here.
Pre-Arrival & Arrival
To travel to Koh Samui, you will require:
- A negative RT-PCR test result no longer than 72 hours before departure
- Proof that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Proof that you spent previous 21 days in an approved country
- Confirmation of booking at SHA+ certified hotels for the first 7 nights (up to 3 hotels)
- Proof of purchase of 2 x PCR tests (THB 2,600 each) via the first hotel (only 1 test required for children under 6)
- Thailand Pass approval
- Approved alerting app installed on your smartphone
- COVID-19 health insurance with minimum coverage of USD 100,000
For your first 7 nights in Thailand, you will be required to stay in SHA+ certified hotels and you can choose up to 3.
- Complete your RT-PCR test at the airport on arrival and await the result in your hotel room.
Days 1 – 7
- If the result is negative, you are free to leave your hotel, rent a motorbike, enjoy local attractions and move to up to 2 more hotels on Samui or Phangan. On Day 5, you must take your second RT-PCR test (at Central Festival in Samui and at Phangan Hospital on Koh Phangan).
Days 8 – onward
- After Day 7 and 2 negative tests, you’re free to travel to other destinations within Thailand. Regional COVID-19 restrictions may apply.