Avani Kalutara Resort
Wrapped by water on three sides, live the tropical island jungle life, where colonial charm blends with sophisticated style.
- 105 rooms and suites
- 55-minute drive from Bandaranaike International Airport
- Spectacular views of lagoon and ocean
- Access to the Anantara Spa and restaurants at Anantara Kalutara Resort
- State-of-the-art ballroom facilities
Avani Kalutara Resort is delighted to unveil a stunning new look. Enjoy our new contemporary vibe in the lobby, restaurants, bars and ballroom. Settle into stylish comfort in the sensational Avani Ocean View Pool Suites, Avani Ocean View Suites and Avani Deluxe Ocean View Rooms with tropical views over the Indian Ocean and the Kalu River. Welcome to paradise.
SPECIAL OFFERSSEE ALL PROMOTIONS
Stay for five nights or more and enjoy full-board dining, free-flow drinks, late check-out, room upgrade, and more!
LIVING IT UP
Experience our newly refurbished rooms and suites at 35% off.
HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Stay longer and feel right at home with up to 30% savings and a host of indulgences.
Booking Requirement FAQs
- From all the ‘Safe & Secure’ Certified hotels, these are the accommodation service providers who will provide accommodation services exclusively for international tourists during the first 14 days of their stay.
- Level 1 hotels cannot accept bookings from Sri Lankans or resident visa holders as per Government regulations.
All visas must be applied online through the Immigration ETA portal. Before you apply for your visa, you need to have a confirmed hotel booking, pre-purchased PCR tests and a mandatory COVID-19 Insurance Cover paid for through your ‘Safe and Secure Level 1’ hotel when making your booking.
- The hotel will issue a reference number which you need to include in your visa form under the section ‘Contact Details’.
- There you will be asked for ‘Address in Sri Lanka’, under which you need to indicate your hotel name, address and the reference number issued.
- A negative PCR test from an accredited laboratory taken 96 hours before boarding is mandatory.
- PCR tests conducted during the stay period to be pre-paid to the hotel soon after reservation.
- All PCR tests are performed in-hotel for your convenience by a private-sector laboratory approved by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health.
- Children under 12 years of age are exempted from PCR testing.
- Please note that a negative PCR test for all guests (including children) may be a mandatory requirement by some airlines before boarding. The guest is required to confirm with the relevant airline. Each PCR test costs USD 40 per person.
- A banking fee of USD 26 per booking will be charged from the guest.
- Yes, you will need to pay USD 12 for a 1 month’s cover of USD 50,000 offered by People's Insurance PLC. This is a mandatory requirement when applying for your visa. Each guest, including children, should purchase the insurance, including children.
- Pay your COVID-19 insurance premium of A USD 12 to your 'Certified Safe and Secure Level 1 hotel' when you are making your hotel booking. They will issue you a reference number (once paid for both Insurance and PCR tests), which you will need to process your visa.
- You will be requested to have a Covid-19 PCR test within 24 hours after arrival (Day One) at the hotel.
- Once the Day One results are available and confirmed as negative, guests can visit the approved important sites in a biosecurity bubble.
- If the guest departs from Sri Lanka within less than fourteen days, a second PCR test should be done depending on the date of departure and should have a negative test report before departure (eg. If the guest departs on Day Eight, a second PCR test should be done between Day Six and Day Seven).
- If the guest stays for less than 96 hours (ninety-six hours) in Sri Lanka, they do not need to conduct the exit PCR test (It is needed only if there is a requirement of the airline/ country of destination).
- If the guest stays up to fourteen days or more, a second PCR test should be conducted between Day 11 to Day 14.
- Guests should not change hotels until fourteen days are completed.
- If the guest is staying more than 14 days, they can be released from the quarantine hotel if the PCR test results on Day One and Day 11th to 14th are negative.
If any of the PCR test results are positive, the hotel management should inform the area MOH and follow the treatment protocol of the Ministry of Health.
- The guest needs to produce the original copy of the vaccination certificate together with a certified English language translation (if the certificate is not in the English language) to the Airport
- Health Officer (on arrival) and to the hotel management.
- The guest must do a PCR test within 24 hours after arrival at the hotel.
- If the Day One PCR test result is negative, tourists may stay in the hotel until the completion of day seven and are allowed to visit approved sites of interest in a bio-security bubble.
- After the completion of seven days, guests must undergo a repeat PCR test on Day Seven at the hotel.
- If the Day Seven test result is negative, the guest may leave the hotel and is free to make their travel arrangements after clearance from the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority.
Yes. Visitors can use all hotel facilities including gym, swimming pool, spa after receiving the on-arrival (Day 1) negative PCR test results.
Guests may enjoy the use of the main restaurant and main bar until the negative PCR test results are informed.
Guests can visit up to 14 approved tourist sites under the safety of a bio-bubble. Public transportation is discouraged for your safety.
“What can we say, we loved it here, the people are so friendly, the hotel was spotless, the staff were always helpful.”Ja Ela – TripAdvisor