Avani Kalutara Resort
Avani Kalutara Resort is delighted to unveil a stunning new look. Enjoy our new contemporary vibe in the lobby, restaurants, bars and ballroom. Settle into stylish comfort in the sensational Avani Ocean View Pool Suites, Avani Ocean View Suites and Avani Deluxe Ocean View Rooms with tropical views over the Indian Ocean and the Kalu River. Welcome to paradise.
Wrapped by water on three sides, live the tropical island jungle life, where colonial charm blends with sophisticated style.
- 105 rooms and suites
- 55-minute drive from Bandaranaike International Airport
- Spectacular views of lagoon and ocean
- Access to the Anantara Spa and restaurants at Anantara Kalutara Resort
- State-of-the-art ballroom facilities
SPECIAL OFFERSSEE ALL PROMOTIONS
Stay for five nights or more and enjoy full-board dining, free-flow drinks, late check-out, room upgrade, and more!
HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Stay longer and feel right at home with up to 30% savings and a host of indulgences.
ENJOY A NIGHT ON US
Let us extend your vacation. Book 3 nights and enjoy the last night on us!
Booking Requirement FAQs
- From all the ‘Safe & Secure’ Certified hotels, these are the accommodation service providers who will provide accommodation services exclusively for international tourists during the first 14 days of their stay.
- Level 1 hotels can accept bookings from international tourists visiting Sri Lanka under a tourist visa and is optional for dual citizens, valid resident visa holders and Sri Lankan citizens who opt to come under the tourism route irrespective of the vaccination status, as per Government regulations.
All visas must be applied online through the Immigration ETA portal. Before you apply for your visa, you need to have a confirmed hotel booking, pre-purchased PCR tests and a mandatory COVID-19 Insurance Cover paid for through your ‘Safe and Secure Level 1’ hotel when making your booking.
- The hotel will issue a reference number which you need to include in your visa form under the section ‘Contact Details’.
- There you will be asked for ‘Address in Sri Lanka’, under which you need to indicate your hotel name, address and the reference number issued.
All PCR tests (once in Sri Lanka) are performed in-hotel for your convenience by a private-sector laboratory approved by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health.
- If your stay is 5 or more days, two PCR tests are required on arrival and exit.
- If your stay is less than 5 days, no exit PCR is required.
- Children below 2 years are exempted from PCR testing. However, if the parents/ guardians develop symptoms or result in positive PCR test reports children will undergo PCR tests.
- Children between 2-12 years undergo only exit PCR tests
- Yes, you will need to pay USD 12 for a 1 month’s cover of USD 50,000 offered by People's Insurance PLC. This is a mandatory requirement when applying for your visa. Each guest, including children, should purchase the insurance, including children.
- Pay your COVID-19 insurance premium of A USD 12 to your 'Certified Safe and Secure Level 1 hotel' when you are making your hotel booking. They will issue you a reference number (once paid for both Insurance and PCR tests), which you will need to process your visa.
- Have a pre-confirmed booking at a ‘Safe & Secure’ L1 hotel and if applicable, a Safe & Secure (non- L1) Hotel; depending on the duration of your stay and vaccination status.
- The hotel booking could be made directly with the hotel or through a travel agent or an online booking site (OTA). Guests are allowed to move within Level-1 hotels and use all facilities of the hotel upon the negative result on arrival PCR and then, move into a ‘Safe & Secure’ hotel.
- Have a COVID-19 local travel insurance cover of USD 12 – the policy covers up to USD 50,000 for a period of one month. This is mandatory for all visitors including children below 2 years.
- The travel insurance needs to be pre-purchased and charged by the hotel upon reservation.
- A banking fee of USD 5 per booking will be charged per booking.
- Pay for PCR tests – each PCR test will cost USD 40 each, per person. The number of tests depends on the status of your vaccination.
- The cost of PCR tests conducted during the stay period must be pre-paid to the hotel soon after the hotel reservation.
- All PCR tests are performed in-hotel for your convenience by a private-sector laboratory approved by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health.
- Have a valid tourist visa. All visas must be applied for online at eta.gov.lk.
- Have negative PCR test results, received within 72 hours prior to embarkation (children below 2 years are exempt). Please check your airlines requirements as well.
Airport transfers to be arranged by either the respective Certified Safe & Secure hotel/ Certified Safe & Secure travel agent OR a Certified service provider.
- All travellers should undergo an on-arrival (Day One) COVID-19 PCR test.
- Children between 2 and 12 years of age will be exempted from on-arrival (Day One) PCR testing ONLY if they are following the non-vaccinated route.
- Children below 2 years are exempt from PCR testing. However, if the parents/guardians develop symptoms or result in positive PCR test reports, children will undergo PCR tests.
2.0 Please produce the following on arrival at the airport:
- Evidence of a negative PCR test (in the English language) from an accredited laboratory taken no longer than 72 hours before boarding of flights (all travellers excluding children below 2 years).
- Original vaccination certificate / card
- A certified copy of an English language translation is required if the certificate/ card is not in English or if relevant data is not indicated in English. Otherwise, verifiable evidence of vaccination needs to be produced.
- Completed health declaration form.
3.0 Procedure for Fully Vaccinated Travellers
- Travellers who have completed the recommended doses of COVID-19 vaccination, arriving after 2 weeks after the completion of vaccination will be considered as fully vaccinated travellers. Any vaccination type accepted by the country of origin is acceptable.
- On-arrival PCR test
- Stay at a Certified Level 1 hotel until the on-arrival PCR test is performed (for 24-48 hours).
- Upon a negative on-arrival (Day One) PCR test report, vaccinated travellers can leave the bio-bubble and move into a Safe & Secure (non- L1) Hotel. The respective L1 hotel representative will issue a “Discharge Document’’ upon verifying the status of vaccination and PCR test results.
- Unvaccinated children between 2 and 18 years may leave the bubble with fully vaccinated parents upon a negative on-arrival PCR test.
- After leaving the bio-bubble, travellers are not allowed to come back into the tourism bio-bubble (i.e. stay at ‘L1 Safe and Secure Certified’ hotels not permitted upon leaving the bubble). If you decide to leave the bio-bubble, it is strongly recommended to use the ‘Safe and Secure Certified’ hotels (non- L1) for the rest of your journey.
- Fully vaccinated travellers who have NO travel history (including transit) to any travel-restricted countries in the past 14 days (India, South American countries and South African countries: South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe) and discharged from a Level 1 Safe & Secure Certified hotel with an on-arrival (Day One) negative COVID-19 PCR report, are exempted from 2nd PCR test.
- Unvaccinated children between 2 and 18 years who have been released with fully vaccinated parents should undergo a COVID-19 PCR test on Day Seven after arriving in Sri Lanka. All PCR tests are conducted from a Ministry of Health–approved Private Sector or State Sector Laboratory and the results are immediately informed to the area Ministry of Health official by telephone or email.
4.0 Procedure for Non-Vaccinated Travellers
- Travellers who have not received COVID-19 vaccination/not completed the recommended doses of vaccination/departed from abroad within less than 2 weeks of completion of recommended doses of vaccination will be considered as non-vaccinated travellers.
Note: Any travellers who have been previously affected by COVID-19 and have only one dose of vaccination, will also be treated as NON-vaccinated travellers.
- On-arrival PCR Test
Stay at a Certified Safe & Secure L1 hotel/s for up to the first 15 days of the visit and undergo an on-arrival PCR test. Travellers are allowed to stay at any number of Certified Safe & Secure L1 hotels and permitted to use all hotel facilities upon an on-arrival negative PCR test report. Travellers are also allowed to visit approved tourist sites in a bio bubble. Visit www.srilanka.travel/helloagain.
- Second PCR Test: Travellers who have not completed 2 weeks after their vaccination
- Travellers will undergo the 2nd PCR test on completion of day 14 and upon negative test results will leave the bubble. Guests are permitted to check-in to Safe & Secure (non- L1) Hotels.
- Children between 2 and 18 years are allowed to leave the bubble with vaccinated parents upon a negative exit PCR test done simultaneously with the family. These unvaccinated children between 2 and 18 years if released within less than 7 days of arrival in Sri Lanka, with the fully vaccinated parent, should undergo a COVID-19 PCR test on Day Seven after arriving in Sri Lanka and inform the results to the area Ministry Of Health official by telephone or email.
- Children under 2 years are exempt from PCR tests; however, if the exit PCR test of an accompanying traveller of the child is positive for COVID-19, child will also be subjected to PCR testing subsequently.
5.0 Second PCR Test: Non-vaccinated travellers
- All travellers will perform the 2nd PCR (exit PCR) on Day 14.
- If departing the country between day 5 and 14 from arrival, all travellers will perform the 2nd PCR (exit PCR) 24-36 hours prior to departure.
- Children below 2 years are exempt from exit COVID-19 PCR testing. However, if the exit PCR test of an accompanying traveller of the child is positive for COVID-19, child will also be subjected to PCR testing subsequently.
- Upon negative exit PCR test result travellers can leave the bio-bubble on completion of day 14 and go into the community. The respective L1 hotel doctor will issue a ‘’Discharge Document’’ upon verifying the status of PCR test results.
- Guests may enjoy the use of the main restaurant and main bar until the negative PCR test results are informed.
- Visitors can then use all hotel facilities including gym, swimming pool, spa after receiving the on-arrival (Day 1) negative PCR test results.
- Guests can visit few approved tourist sites under the safety of a bio-bubble. Please speak to our Reservations Team to confirm the sites available from each resort and as per the current Government guidelines.
- Guests exiting the bio-bubble may visit any part of the island as they wish.
- Public transportation is discouraged for your safety.
AWARDS & ACCREDITATIONS
“What can we say, we loved it here, the people are so friendly, the hotel was spotless, the staff were always helpful.”Ja Ela – TripAdvisor