Avani Kalutara Resort
Wrapped by water on three sides, live the tropical island jungle life, where colonial charm blends with sophisticated style.
- 105 rooms and suites
- 55-minute drive from Bandaranaike International Airport
- Spectacular views of lagoon and ocean
- Access to the Anantara Spa and restaurants at Anantara Kalutara Resort
- State-of-the-art ballroom facilities
Avani Kalutara Resort is delighted to unveil a stunning new look. Enjoy our new contemporary vibe in the lobby, restaurants, bars and ballroom. Settle into stylish comfort in the sensational Avani Ocean View Pool Suites, Avani Ocean View Suites and Avani Deluxe Ocean View Rooms with tropical views over the Indian Ocean and the Kalu River. Welcome to paradise.
Booking Requirement FAQs
- From all the ‘Safe & Secure’ Certified hotels, these are the accommodation service providers who will provide accommodation services exclusively for international tourists during the first 14 days of their stay.
- Level 1 hotels can accept bookings from international tourists visiting Sri Lanka under a tourist visa and is optional for dual citizens, valid resident visa holders and Sri Lankan citizens who opt to come under the tourism route irrespective of the vaccination status, as per Government regulations.
All visas must be applied online through the Immigration ETA portal. Before you apply for your visa, you need to have a confirmed hotel booking, pre-purchased PCR tests and a mandatory COVID-19 Insurance Cover paid for through your ‘Safe and Secure Level 1’ hotel when making your booking.
- The hotel will issue a reference number which you need to include in your visa form under the section ‘Contact Details’.
- There you will be asked for ‘Address in Sri Lanka’, under which you need to indicate your hotel name, address and the reference number issued.
All PCR tests (once in Sri Lanka) are performed in-hotel for your convenience by a private-sector laboratory approved by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health.
- If your stay is 5 or more days, two PCR tests are required on arrival and exit.
- If your stay is less than 5 days, no exit PCR is required.
- Children below 2 years are exempted from PCR testing. However, if the parents/ guardians develop symptoms or result in positive PCR test reports children will undergo PCR tests.
- Children between 2-12 years undergo only exit PCR tests
- Yes, you will need to pay USD 12 for a 1 month’s cover of USD 50,000 offered by People's Insurance PLC. This is a mandatory requirement when applying for your visa. Each guest, including children, should purchase the insurance, including children.
- Pay your COVID-19 insurance premium of A USD 12 to your 'Certified Safe and Secure Level 1 hotel' when you are making your hotel booking. They will issue you a reference number (once paid for both Insurance and PCR tests), which you will need to process your visa.
Before applying for a visa ensure you have the following:
- A pre-confirmed booking at a Level 1 'Safe & Secure' hotel for up to 14 days; depending on the duration of your stay. The hotel booking can be made directly with the hotel, through a travel agent
- or OTA. Visitors allowed to move within L1 hotels.
- Obtain a mandatory COVID-19 local travel insurance cover for USD 12 for a policy of USD 50,000 for a period of one month
- Have a valid tourist visa before boarding your flight. All visas must be applied online by visiting eta.gov.lk.
At the airport, on arrival - please produce the following:
- A negative COVID-19 PCR report (In English) taken within 72 hours before flight
- Completed Health Declaration Form
Travel to a Safe & Secure Level-1 Hotel (travel arranged by the hotel, tour operator or Level-1 service provider
- Stay at a Certified Safe & Secure L1 hotel/s for up to the first 14 days of the visit and undergo an on-arrival PCR test. Guests are allowed to stay at any number of Certified Safe & Secure L1 hotels and permitted to use all facilities of the hotel upon an on arrival negative PCR test report.
- Guests are also allowed to visit approved tourist sites in a bio bubble. Speak to our Reservations Team to explore the tourist sites accessible to each resort.
Details on the second PCR test during the stay
- If the stay is more than 14 days – perform second PCR on the 11th -14th day of arrival. Upon negative results for both the PCR tests, guests are allowed to leave the bio-bubble and the respective Level-1 hotel doctor will issue a discharge document upon verifying the PCR test results.
- However, if the guest is identified as an immediate close contact of a COVID 19 positive, the bio-bubble period will be extended as decided by the Level-1 hotel doctor in consultation with the area medical officers of Health.
- Once the guest leaves the bio bubble and goes into the community, they will be subject to the general health guidelines of the country.
- If the stay is between 5-14 days – a PCR test will be performed depending on the date of departure (i.e. 24-48 hours before departure)
- If the stay is less than 5 days - no exit PCR test is required
Yes. Visitors can use all hotel facilities including gym, swimming pool, spa after receiving the on-arrival (Day 1) negative PCR test results.
Guests may enjoy the use of the main restaurant and main bar until the negative PCR test results are informed.
Guests can visit up to 14 approved tourist sites under the safety of a bio-bubble. Please speak to our Reservations Team to confirm the sites available from each resort and as per the current Government guidelines.
Public transportation is discouraged for your safety.
AWARDS & ACCREDITATIONS
“What can we say, we loved it here, the people are so friendly, the hotel was spotless, the staff were always helpful.”Ja Ela – TripAdvisor