We are a certified Safe and Secure Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you very soon. In the interests of protecting the health and safety of all our guests, please see our booking requirements below.
The below procedures apply to international tourists visiting Sri Lanka under a tourist visa, and optional for dual citizens, valid resident visa holders and Sri Lankan citizens who opt to come under the tourism route.
1.0 Procedure for Fully Vaccinated Travellers –
Applies to International Tourists visiting Sri Lanka under tourist visa. No prior approval required from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Civil Aviation Authority. There is no minimum duration of stay in Sri Lanka.
Travellers who have completed 14 days after the recommended doses of COVID-19 vaccination and arriving with a negative COVID-19 PCR Report done within 72 hours of embarkation will be considered as fully vaccinated travellers. Any vaccination type accepted by the country of origin will be accepted.
This protocol is applicable for travellers not arriving from or with no travel history (including transit) to any travel restricted country in the past 14 days.
1.1 Prior to boarding, travellers are required to:
- Have a valid tourist visa. All visas must be applied online. Visit www.eta.gov.lk.
- Have done a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to embarkation (Children below 2 years are exempted).
- Fully vaccinated travellers are EXEMPTED from obtaining the mandatory COVID-19 Local Insurance cover. However, travellers should ensure that they have a comprehensive travel insurance that will cover health and other expenses related to COVID-19 should there be a need as Government of Sri Lanka will not bear any costs resulting.
- Fully vaccinated travellers if accompanied by not-vaccinated/not-fully vaccinated children of 12-18 years, pay for on-arrival PCR test at USD 40 per test. Travelers can pay for PCR test at the Ministry of Health approved laboratory established at Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) or any other MOH approved laboratory. Also, travellers can visit www.visitsrilanka.gov.lk to pay in advance.
- Fully vaccinated travellers if accompanied by not-vaccinated/not-fully vaccinated children, (all age groups) ensure that the comprehensive travel insurance is extended to cover the children adequately as the Government of Sri Lanka will not bear any costs resulting.
1.2 Please produce the following on arrival at the airport:
- Negative COVID-19 PCR report (English) taken within 72 hours prior to embarkation (Applicable to all travellers excluding children below 2 years).
- Original vaccination certificate / card (together with a certified copy of English language translation if the certificate / card is not in English or if relevant data are not indicated in English).
- Completed Health Declaration Form. A separate form should be submitted for each of the accompanying children (if any).
1.3 On-arrival PCR tests
- No on-arrival PCR test for “Fully Vaccinated” travellers.
- Not-vaccinated Children:
- No on-arrival PCR test for Not-vaccinated children up to 12 years and they will be allowed to travel with their parents.
- Not-vaccinated children of 12 -18 years need to undergo on-arrival PCR testing at the Ministry of Health approved laboratory at BIA or at a Safe & Secure Certified Level 1 hotel. If the Day 1 PCR report is negative, they will be allowed to travel with their parents.
- No 2nd PCR for fully vaccinated travellers.
1.4 Accommodation & Airport transfers
- Fully vaccinated travellers are allowed to make their own arrangements for accommodation, airport transfers and local transportation. However, advised to use safe and secure certified accommodations and travel agents to ensure their health and safety.
Please visit www.srilanka.travel/helloagain for the most updated travel and tourism updates from the Sri Lankan Government as well as procedures for Not-Vaccinated / Not-Fully-Vaccinated Travellers & Covid-19 Recovered Travellers.