Safe & seamless stays – Protected by AVANIShield
We are committed to safeguarding the health and safety of every Avani guest. We would like to share with you the heightened standards we have introduced at all our hotels and resorts under the AvaniSHIELD programme.
Contactless Greetings – To ensure physical distancing, Avani team members will rely on country-specific hand gestures, such as the traditional Thai wai greeting; Korean jeol bowing; the hand-over-heart gesture, and even the Vulcan salute popularised by Star Trek.
Digital Pre-arrival Check-in & Check-out – After filling out registration cards on your mobile device on the way to the hotel, you will find your room key waiting at reception. Prior to check-out, you will be able to settle your bill via a secure online payment system and receive the receipt via email – a secure and environmentally frienxdly solution.
Digital Concierge App – A live chat solution enabling direct contact with our guest service team will be launching soon. It will allow you to browse menus, order in-room dining and book off-property experiences.
Safety & Hygiene Technology
Cu+ Copper Protection Materials – High-touch surfaces such as door handles and elevator buttons will be covered with anti-microbial copper protection film.
Ultra Violet C Sterilisation – Front Office will use UVC sterilisation boxes to disinfect key cards, stationery and other high-touch objects. You can also request a complimentary disinfecting service for your mobile device.
HEPA-grade Bio Filter – Select Avani properties will be adding HEPA-grade Air Purifiers as an extra step in the standard guest room and gym cleaning process. These can remove airborne viruses, bacteria and allergens of 0.01 micron (10 nanometres) in size with 99.99% effectiveness.
Disinfecting Incoming Objects – All hotels will set up disinfecting processes to sanitise incoming luggage, boxes and supplies.
The Extra Mile for Guest & Employee Safety
Since before the outbreak, Avani has been working closely with Ecolab and will continue doing so to ensure that all materials and measures adhere to Ecolab, WHO and, for chemical treatment, EPA standards.
As an extra precaution, each Avani hotel will employ the following efforts:
- A dedicated AvaniSHIELD Agent will be responsible for implementing new cleaning protocols, as well as ensuring the latest health and safety guidelines are communicated to the team in a timely manner.
- Breathing Room – After cleaning, each guest room will be sealed for a resting period during which time the housekeeping team cannot enter, before allocating rooms to the next guests. This will be initiated only in the early phase of the health and safety campaign and will change as policies and procedures are adapted and enhanced.
- All new or existing partners, suppliers and third parties, such as tour operators and transportation service providers, will need to comply with the new safety measures, regular sanitising and ensure guest protection in compliance with Avani’s ‘Trusted Partner Programme’.
- At restaurants, buffets will be replaced with à la minute food preparation focusing on freshness, safe food handling and Avani’s zero waste initiative. Culinary teams are being retrained in food safety preparation. Additionally, restaurants will be spacing out tables to practice physical distancing. Menus will be available digitally or via QR code on a smartphone.
- AvaniFit gyms will strictly follow physical distancing rules, ensuring that only a small number of guests are exercising at a given time, provide a breathing period after each use, and implement new sanitising measures such as anti-viral coating.