COVID-19 Update: A Message to our Guests
Dear Avani Friends,
As we prepare to welcome you back, we are introducing new health and safety standards at all our Avani hotels and resorts. Named AvaniSHIELD, this series of initiatives will bring peace of mind to you and our staff by adding an additional layer of protection for everyone.
We would like to share with you the heightened hygiene and sanitising standards we have introduced to ensure the protection of your health and safety.
- Contactless Greetings – To ensure physical distancing, Avani team members will rely on country-specific hand gestures, such as the traditional Thai wai greeting; Korean jeol bowing; the hand-over-heart gesture, and even the Vulcan salute popularised by Star Trek.
- Digital Pre-arrival Check-in & Check-out – After filling out registration cards on your mobile device on the way to the hotel, you will find your room key waiting at reception. Prior to check-out, you will be able to settle your bill via a secure online payment system and receive the receipt via email – a secure and environmentally friendly solution.
- Digital Concierge App – A live chat solution enabling direct contact with our guest service team will be launching soon. It will allow you to browse menus, order in-room dining and book off-property experiences.
Safety & Hygiene Technology
- Cu+ Copper Protection Materials – High-touch surfaces such as door handles and elevator buttons will be covered with anti-microbial copper protection film.
- Ultra Violet C Sterilisation – Front Office will use UVC sterilisation boxes to disinfect key cards, stationery and other high-touch objects. You can also request a complimentary disinfecting service for your mobile device.
- HEPA-grade Bio Filter – Select Avani properties will be adding HEPA-grade Air Purifiers as an extra step in the standard guest room and gym cleaning process. These can remove airborne viruses, bacteria and allergens of 0.01 micron (10 nanometres) in size with 99.99% effectiveness.
- Disinfecting Incoming Objects – All hotels will set up disinfecting processes to sanitise incoming luggage, boxes and supplies.
The Extra Mile for Guest & Employee Safety
Since before the outbreak, Avani has been working closely with Ecolab and will continue doing so to ensure that all materials and measures adhere to Ecolab, WHO and, for chemical treatment, EPA standards.
As an extra precaution, each Avani hotel will employ the following efforts:
- A dedicated AvaniSHIELD Agent will be responsible for implementing new cleaning protocols, as well as ensuring the latest health and safety guidelines are communicated to the team in a timely manner.
- Breathing Room – After cleaning, each guest room will be sealed for a resting period during which time the housekeeping team cannot enter, before allocating rooms to the next guests. This will be initiated only in the early phase of the health and safety campaign and will change as policies and procedures are adapted and enhanced.
- All new or existing partners, suppliers and third parties, such as tour operators and transportation service providers, will need to comply with the new safety measures, regular sanitising and ensure guest protection in compliance with Avani’s ‘Trusted Partner Programme’.
- At restaurants, buffets will be replaced with à la minute food preparation focusing on freshness, safe food handling and Avani’s zero waste initiative. Culinary teams are being retrained in food safety preparation. Additionally, restaurants will be spacing out tables to practice physical distancing. Menus will be available digitally or via QR code on a smartphone.
- AvaniFit gyms will strictly follow physical distancing rules, ensuring that only a small number of guests are exercising at a given time, provide a breathing period after each use, and implement new sanitising measures such as anti-viral coating.
Government-approved Quarantine Packages – Thailand
For Thai and foreign nationals returning to Thailand, Avani Hotels & Resorts is offering a choice of all-inclusive quarantine packages. Prices start from THB 47,500 for a 15-night, government-approved quarantine stay complete with world-class healthcare.
Book with Confidence
Given the exceptional circumstances we currently face, we are offering extra flexibility and support for all new reservations booked in the period from 13 March 2020 until 31 October 2020. This includes:
- For ‘Avani Flexi’ rates: Free change of date, change of destination or cancellation up to 24 hours prior to arrival, for stays completed prior to 20 December 2020. Subject to availability.
- For rates with part or full pre-payment: Free change of date or change of destination up to 24 hours prior to arrival, for stays completed prior to 20 December 2020. Subject to availability.
Vice President of Operations
Avani Hotels & Resorts