Avani Travel Diary - Seminyak, Bali
Located immediately north of backpacker-friendly Kuta and Legian, fashionable Seminyak feels a world apart. Known for its chic cafes, world-class restaurants, trendy art galleries and eclectic shopping, it has a distinctly upscale feel to it. But first and foremost, Seminyak is a gorgeous beach destination, popular with both Bali expats and travellers alike.
On your first night, take it easy with a stroll along Drupadi Street; opt for fusion-inspired comfort foods at Kilo Kitchen Bali for dinner before heading to Lacalaca Cantina Mexicana for the island's best margarita. Still along the stretch of Kayu Aya, grab-and-goers can snack out on BO$$MAN's burgers, MadPops' artisanal ice cream or Revolver's coffee.
Bali mornings are for fun two-wheel adventures. A five-minute scooter ride will take you to Petitenget Street. Spot the eye-catching KYND Community and pop over for breakfast. A haven for vegans, this is where you order your love mugs, smoothie bowls and all things plant-based. You might want to grab a copy of their cookbook on your way out.
If you're in the mood for floating brunch or to float around in the turquoise pool, Cabina Bali in Batu Belig Street is where you need to be.
Pre-travel guide for Bali, Indonesia
- Indonesian rupiah or IDR
Best time to visit Bali, Indonesia
- Most visitors choose to visit in May, June and September, when conditions remain warm and sunny, but popular beach resorts like Sanur and Seminyak are less crowded. July and August are peak season.
How to get to Bali, Indonesia
- Most visitors will arrive at Ngurah Rai International Airport (IATA: DPS), located between Kuta and Jimbaran, roughly 30 minutes away from Denpasar. Ngurah Rai is Indonesia's third busiest international airport and a major hub well-connected to Australia, South-East Asia, and the rest of Indonesia.
How to get around Bali
- There are several reliable taxi companies as well as ride-sharing services such as Grab and Uber. For day-tripping, it is often cheaper and more convenient to arrange for your own transportation — your Avani concierge will be happy to assist.
Helpful local words
- Om Swastiastu – Greetings for Balinese people
- Apa kabar? – How are you?
- Permisi – Excuse me
- Terima kasih – Thank you
- Sama-sama – You’re welcome
- Selamat pagi – Good morning
The best hotel to stay in Bali
A 5-minute drive from Seminyak’s dreamy beach, Avani Seminyak Bali Resort is a tropical hideaway of private pool villas, spacious apartment suites and lush foliage. The chic boutique hotel has everything you need to unwind, plus a myriad of exciting activities right on the doorstep.